Estate Planning Professionals Providing Peace of Mind
Estate planning is much more than accumulating money and avoiding taxes. It's about peace of mind. It's about your family and your legacy. It's about answers to situations that may arise years from now — or tomorrow.
The Livens Law Firm provides comprehensive legal counsel to ensure that you don't outlive your resources and to guide your loved ones in the event of death or disability. Whether you have the luxury of advance planning or need immediate help, our personalized plans will put you in the best legal and financial positions. Our experienced Dallas-Fort Worth estate planning attorney works with individuals and caregivers across Texas in matter relating to:
- Estate planning: We consider all the what-ifs when we drafts wills, powers of attorney and health care directives, and we can advise on sophisticated trusts to bypass probate, reduce estate taxes or provide for a disabled child.
- Special needs planning: We work with parents of special needs individuals to make sure their loved ones receive the legal protection they need. We draft third-party, self-settled and pooled trusts, and we help with matters pertaining to the letter of intent, taxation and life insurance.
- Medicaid planning: We can preserve most — perhaps all — assets, even if your elderly parent has already entered a nursing home. It is never too late or too early to plan.
- Veteran's aid and attendance: We help veterans and surviving spouses qualify for additional income for health care expenses, even when income or assets exceed the threshold.
- Probate and estate administration: We assist executors and estate administrators with settling the estate after loved ones die. We review and approve the will, gather the assets, pay bills and distribute the remaining assets to beneficiaries.
A Trusted and Established Firm for Estate Planning Needs
The firm's founding lawyer, Stephen J. Livens, has more than 20 years of experience in estate planning and elder law. He is a CPA of 25 years who can address the income, gift and estate tax implications of wealth transfers. With former Medicaid employees on staff as well, the Livens Law Firm has all the advice you need under one roof. Mr. Livens has written best-selling books on these topics, and gives regular seminars across the DFW area.
Contact an Experienced Austin Special Needs Trust Attorney
You don't need to be wealthy to have an estate plan, and you don't have to be poor to qualify for Medicaid nursing care. Contact us online or call 800-569-2663 for one-on-one attention from helpful professionals. We offer free initial consultations, including evening and weekend appointments, and flat-rate fees — no hidden costs. We also offer home and nursing home visits for the convenience of our clients, and our office is wheelchair accessible, with convenient same-level street parking.